In part five of CURE’s “Confidently You: Choosing and Styling Wigs that Look and Feel Right” webinar, Daniela Hernandez-Salas, a Look Good Feel Better volunteer, offered alternative, fun options to wigs for patients with cancer who have experienced hair loss from treatment.
“If at any time during your journey, you’re open to change, this is the time in your life that you want to take that chance,” Hernandez-Salas said, adding that her everyday wig is similar to the hair she has had her entire life but she likes to experiment with different wigs. “I’m going to make every day count. I want happy hair for a happy life.”
00:04 – Being open to change
- Daniela Hernandez-Salas highlighted that, if patients are open to it, change and taking a chance with wigs can be an option.
- She noted that she wants patients to find their “dream hair” for a happy life.
01:58 – Synthetic wigs for headwear alternatives.
- ·The speaker demonstrated an alternative to full wigs, including synthetic “halo” headwear for hats, caps, and turban scarves.
- She also suggested using alternative to wearing a wig like using a simple bang hairstyle.
- Hernandez-Salas modeled various options that patients with cancer can consider, outside of their daily wig for wear.
05:04 – Creating custom wigs for patients with cancer to boost confidence.
- Again, she noted that hairstylists can help to create custom wigs for patients to boost confidence.
For more news on cancer updates, research and education, don’t forget to subscribe to CURE®’s newsletters here.