In part one of CURE’s “Radiance Unveiled: Skincare and Makeup Strategies Throughout Breast Cancer Treatment” webinar, Rudy Miles, a 10-year Look Good Feel Better volunteer and national trainer, and Olivia Summer Hutcherson, a three-time survivor and thriver, discussed eyebrow shaping techniques and how to apply eye shadow and mascara to address appearance-related effect from cancer treatment.
00:27 – Eyebrow shaping techniques for various face shapes.
- Rudy Miles emphasized the importance of eyebrow shaping, using a universal technique that works on all face shapes.
- The technique involves making a vertical line from the nose to the eye, with a dot at the beginning of the brow, and a point at the end to define the arch.
02:34 – Eyebrow techniques for beginners.
- Rudy Miles demonstrated a hair stroke technique for filling in eyebrows, emphasizing the importance of following the natural shape of the brows.
03:51 – Eye makeup techniques for appearance-related side effects.
- Rudy Miles suggested using eyeshadow to brighten the inner corner of the eye, applying a lighter shade to the tear duct area and blending it up and across the brow bone.
- He demonstrated how to use a light color as a highlighter on the skin, especially if it’s close to the skin tone, giving the eye a subtle glow.
08:27 – Makeup techniques and products.
- Rudy Miles discussed how to redefine the lid and lash line with color, and use eyeliner to mimic lashes for definition.
- He demonstrated how to soften and blend eyeliner for a softer look.
10:29 – Mascara application during eyelash loss treatment.
- Rudy Miles demonstrated how to apply mascara during treatment to give lashes more definition, despite potential loss.
- He showed how to apply mascara, emphasizing the importance of a gentle touch and a final upward brush stroke to lift lashes.
For more news on cancer updates, research and education, don’t forget to subscribe to CURE®’s newsletters here.